Wednesday 4 April 2012

Rise Up Baby it's a Revolution...(In Heels, of Course)




Spent last weekend with our beloved friends N and G and brood.
The boys were busy doing 'manly hard work' of a construction type affair. There was a particularly beautiful suedette tool belt on display.
Went out with N and had a ball firstly karaoke, then on to a bar for dancing......guess what? it worked!!!!! Mojotastic Mammasita was fully on it. It was the most bizarre thing, we were on fire! I had an absolute ball and can't really explain why....
Was it change of scenery? A different friend? No real expectations? I don't know my beautiful Blogbaps. Personally I put it down to Fake It To Make It A fabulous mantra that really works (most of the time) It can be quite tiring, keeping up the facade of "Oh everything's marvellous daaarling! Still, I firmly believe that if you do indeed follow the whole 'Fake it Till You Make it' kinda thing, sooner or later you believe your own hype and it soon becomes a habit.
The difficulty comes when the faking becomes tiring, people find that difficult . I wonder how many of you who are buoyant and vibrant and full of fabulocity find that friends and acquaintances tend to run for the hills as soon as the wheels start to come off. I have recently experienced this, and it makes me sad because I try really hard to be there for my friends. Simply because everyone has their problems and tribulations to get through. That is why 'Team Sparkle' is vital to me because they see the shitstorm coming (often before I do) and they help me through, I guess because they know the good times are pretty sparkly-fabulous. However, if your name's not down you're not coming in, hahaha.
I am finding that I am intent on travelling at maximum speed, that I become impatient far quicker that I used to and that I'm only allowing myself to focus on the now.
Anyone else (PD peeps or you normalheads) reading this and feel the same? I dunno, I'm feeling a wee bit battle weary still and The Chief was right, a few of 'em won't be around for the bad times. Thankfully. I have Team Sparkle in my bubble so how can I lose?
Soundtrack: A fab NZ band with a song that sounds like how where I'm at. I'm ready to rise up and get back in the saddle and cause a revolution! You in? Hope so! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment