Monday 25 July 2011

Times Are Good (In This Disco Dolly's Hood) x


Hello, and how are you all my beautiful, bouncingly bodacious Blogchums? I am all good (as the title states...)
So, my weekend of fun and frolics, began on Friday, a special day being that it was me and The Chief's 10th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I am still kinda freakin' out at the fact that 10 years have gone by since we got married. Needless to say, we've achieved a massive amount together, our very best work being our two delectably nibbleicious, highly entertaining, heaven sent bundles of complete gorgeousness, followed closely by our epic emigration adventure to the Zone of Godsville. Having looked up what random item is traditionally linked to your 10th wedding anniversary, I was mildly disappointed to discover that it was tin, until a friend quite rightly pointed out that tin rhymes with....gin! Hurrah! Happy days Blogsters!
So, true to form, myself and The Chieferoo spent the night both laughing like drains about all the stuff we'd already achieved and getting all focused about what the future holds. Had yummy-yumscious-yumorific Thai food, bought a big, fat bottle of Amaretto and put Chiefybaby in his happy place when we located some Hoegaarden on tap! Bring on the next 10 I say....let's see what the feckers can throw at us!!!
And this leads us to Saturday and hitting the d floor with my darling Pufferina Ballerina (Funkylicious Party Princess Extraordinaire) It had been ages since we'd done our groove thang and we were ready to throw some funk down...We were 'boyfriendsitting' for our chumwin, the completely sparkletastic 'Black n White Bear' and he turned out to be fun in a bun with extra mayo, sesame seeds and a side order of chips! The night was great, good crowd that got better as the night wore on and when Popsicle turned up from her function, she was in full effect. Miss 'I Don't Dance or Like Bars Very Much' was on fire!!!!! Way to get a surprise between the eyes! Dunno where that's been hiding, but it was spectacular.
Man, I love my friends, they build me up, keep me strong and heading in the right direction. They have their fun buttons firmly tuned to Dancerama FM and they have Sparkles for Africa. Each and every one one of my sunny bunny sidekicks both here and overseas brings something vital and special to the table and I sincerely hope I do the same for them.
Despite best efforts in the d floor ownership department, it would seem that my head still needs to recuperate and regroup from my 10 km wander. Well, that and the fact that the band decided to go all fecking mosh pit on us. Had to have a word: "Is this it kid?..or could you play some Stevie/MJ (early stuff, naturally)/Prince...) Your man replies: "I think the crowd are too young." SAY WHAT???????????? The crowd are what? OMG Blogbods it was something akin to a knife straight to the heart! They played some Al Green (Let's Stay Together) and ordinarily that would've done the trick, but quite frankly the damage was done. Dozy feckers...Off to Never Never Land? I don't think so! Enter Sandman I believe my nemesis song is called. I can't deny, it's a veritable d floor filler, the YOUNGSTERS love it, but it renders this Disco Dolly more than a little bit spastic dyspraxic (PC Brigade may as well feck off lol)
I liken my current Parkylicious situation to a game of Jenga. I was so feckin onto it that my tower was impressively massive and enormously huge and then the last brick went on and..........CRASH! Stifflerwiffler. So we start again.....gotta fake it to make it and slip on my pretty pink positivity pants (they're v fetching...suits you sir!) It's frustrating but, hey I'm a Tough Northern Bird, with a support crew to die for. The best is yet to come!.....I know this because I had a magnificent De La Soul moment (coupled with a few pep talks from the most special ones) and I can tell you it is indeed All Good. Fake It to Make It peeps...if you want it, it can be yours, you've just got to want it badly enough. So where's me feckin house?
Onto the Soundtrack.....Chic for the title track, De La Soul for my funky peeps and The track in honour of The Chief is nowhere to be found in my little brainicle so shall be a work in progress till I remember. It's far too feckin late and bed is calling. Mwahzicles xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment