Sunday 19 June 2011

Daddy Cool! xx

Welcome Blogsters, one and all. How the Holy Jaysus are we tonight? I am as grand as a very grand thing, nestled snugly in a box marked grand.
Today has been fun in a bun. Me and my tremendously terrific, mega supa dupa fly A Team haven't done much in all fairness and the smallest members have been on a mission to piss each other off at any opportunity. That said, it's still been nice. We've had visits from two of my very best funky fly friends and one in particular has made me happy to the tippy top of my head. Why? I hear you ask....well she has made a great big fat monumental decision....
She is grabbing life by the bollocks my friends....she has experienced different things both this year and last, that have rocked her but have ultimately made her ditch her inner hamster on a wheel and decide to go after what she really wants. As I always say, happiness won't ever just turn up and gatecrash the party...you have to invite it, make it feel welcome and encourage it to stick around. I am sooo excited at this particular Fun Puff's plans for the future. She is radiant and effervescent and simply Sparkles....Sparkles....Sparkles! How cool is that? You are awesome my Glittery Girl, I can't wait to hear all about how your plans work out. The other friend has got to be the most unassuming person I know. She does not lack confidence or self esteem in any way, but she still has no idea how beautiful, funny, loyal, inspirational and amazing she really is. Plus she makes a feckin wicked as lemon cake... I am tempted to hide it!!!!!
Shake up the bag a bit Blogheads...that's the message. Change it up, dare yourself to try something new.....always have a challenge to work towards and laugh in the face of your comfort zone. You never know there might just be an incredible friend to meet, a breathtaking place to discover or a phenomenal experience to enjoy. What's the worst that can happen? Go on Blogeroos.....what are you going to do today (or tomorrow..depends on when you're reading this...) that is different to the norm? Mine?....I posted my entry for the 10km walk to raise money for a Parky charity. I am so not a sporty chick so this is a new deal for me, but I know it will be a feckin blast and my megatastic support fairies will be out in force to send me triumphantly on my way.
OMG Pumpkins...even in the written word I appear to be a complete gobshite! Look at the title chumsters....this post is supposed to about someone I love completely with all my heart.
Today is Father's Day in the Mother Country. A day to celebrate Dads and be thankful for all that they are and all that they do. My Dad is one of those people who upon entering a room, everyone notices. He makes people feel good, has the gift of the gab and enough Blarney to get him out of any tricky situation.....and there are plenty of them in any given 24 hour period hahahahaha!
He is, quite literally, sunshine on a stick and I miss miss having him close by. The Sparkles actually began many moons ago, with a deliciously kind and beautiful (inside and out) classy lady from Liverpool, who was quietly confident yet ferociously proud and loved and laughed with all of her heart and soul. She passed them on in bucket loads to her lad. It is my fabtastic Dapper Don Disco Daddy who is responsible for teaching me that positivity is better than a negative mindset, for giving me crazy, throw your head back laughs, for teaching me the power of sharing a smile and for always being so generous with his time, love and excellent advice. He is responsible for sharing with me the unsurpassed joy of driving whilst playing seriously bangin' tunes, several notches too loud and singing at the top of my lungs. Through Glorious Girla, he is the one to blame for my adoration of all things shoelike and shamelessly fans the flames of my borderline addiction. The last time we were together we danced in the street! We talked, laughed, cried, hugged, drank (heaps) and had the best fun, just like we always do. My God Funksters, he lives his life. His Sparkles never ever waver and I think he rocks. So, Happy Father's Day Daddydoodle! Would you have a few sherbets for me and don't forget the cashews. We'll say nowt about the pan of peas hahaha! Sparkle hard, the very coolest, Daddy Cool.  xxxx
RIP PM.....your lad is missing you today. x

No comments:

Post a Comment