Thursday 23 June 2011

Walk....Don't Walk....Aaah Go On Walk! x

G'Day Blogpeeps! Today it's all about me and the little walk that I'm doing in a couple of weeks. OMG....this crazy Sparklies ride sure is taking me to places I never would have gone to in different circumstances. A sponsored walk?....ha, maybe when you're a school kid and the idea of getting cool hard cash out of unsuspecting halfwits who would only sponsor you in the vain hope that you failed miserably in your chosen quest was enough of a draw. I tell you what though Blogchums, I'm really getting rather excited about it. The Chief has dusted off the treadmill and 'hippity hop' I'm on it. Me and my trusty tunes were stomping for all we were worth all in the name of 'Sparklification for the Nation.'
It would appear that I really can't stop this crazy Jelly Bus ride that I'm on and, after that slight wobblydoodle when I first popped my head out of the closet (you all lived it with me....) it would appear that the need to leap out with a great big 'TA DAAAAAAAH" (complete with Jazz Hands and a megawatt smile) has simply not diminished. I told you that this Parkyfest is absolutely going to bring me nothing but awesomely positive experiences. Through this walk, I am going to reach out to people in my wider circle and share my big 'secret' with people who know nothing much about me. I am also going hard out to spread the message that this Sparklies thingumydoodle can happen to anyone. Even a perky little funkster like me!
I went looking for the colour for the Parkinson's Disease ribbon the other day (you know, like Breast Cancer has pink, AIDS has red etc) The Parkinson's colour is....yes, you guessed it.....grey. Well how fecking uninspiring is that?!?....except when you say grey, my ears actually hear silver. Hurrah!!! Silver I can work with. Bring out the ra-ra dress and the tiara...things are looking up. Hmmmm......still no trainers though...bugger, best get onto it really, sigh.....
I am committed to this new challenge and will feel completely super duper trooper when I complete it...and I will complete it, you heard it here first. This is my determined face boys n girls! If you're in the area, I will be bugging you to come and support me in person. If you can't be there please be there in spirit and I'll sing a little song along the way in your honour.
Whilst we're on that subject Funky Fresh Fabsters.....the Soundtrack:
I truly cannot believe I've been blogging for so long and this is the first appearance for the most wildly and woefully underrated musical genius of our time (in my opinion) Prince Rogers Nelson....there are no words, I love, love, love this man and his music. Please, as a favour to me, You Tube his ass and listen to any random selection of five songs and I guarantee you will be in awe at what this dude can do. This song is by no means his best and it's still shit hot. Go to it.......choose a track, close your eyes and...............yep, then you'll know.........xx

No comments:

Post a Comment