Friday 10 June 2011

I Feel Good! x

Well, hello my Supa Dupa Fly Funkerific Blogdedoodleheads! Holy Jaysus Peeps, so much going on where does a Disco Dolly begin?!?! Well, it turns out this being all grown up lark I was telling you about is all set to continue since we have gone conditional on the new casa!!!! Should all be done and dusted by the 24th so watch this space........Did someone say House Warming Party?!?
This turn of events is going to be absolutely splendiferous in the extreme as we are really keen to have our own little patch of this amazing place we call Godzone. Setting down some strong roots has been a priority for The Funky Fly A Team for ages now, and now it's all coming to fruition. Hurray! Hurrah! and a side order of Whoop-de-doo, if you don't mind.
A factor to consider when buying a new property.....you quickly become utterly fecking piss poor in the cashola department. But wait....what's this?...... a colleague in need of a regular reliever in her Education Centre?......why yes....I'll be up for that Madam! 5 weeks of ears ringing to the beautiful dulcet tones of 'Kerching, kerching and again I say kerching'. Of course....I'd love to be shimmying off to donate all these delectable dollars to the Boogielicious Dress and Heels Society, but it's ok because it is destined for items that I can still get excited about such as: dining furniture, a sparkly silver fridge, paint (yes, that is exciting in my world!) and other fun and games.
Further to this outpouring of fun in a bun, The Chief has challenged me (now that I am out of the Sparkly closet) to do something both physical and charitable to raise funds and awareness for my fellow Wibblywoos. So, I am entering an upcoming Off Road Half Marathon on July 10th!!!! Hmmmmmm, well you know, when I say half marathon, obviously I mean the 10km walk option. Ah, c'mon Blogeroos...you Peachy Funksters know me by now, it's enough that I'm gonna be wearing trainers, running was never going to be part of the plan! Still, dress ups are an option (dress ups are always an option in my world!!!!) I'm wondering if Parkinson's has a colour, you know like Breast Cancer has pink and....erm, other charities have other colours?!? Oh dear, if I'm going to be 'Sparkly Fundraiser Extraordinaire' then I guess I'm going to have to get with the programme.
I'm so, so, so, glad that I took the plunge and sent this bad boy blog out to the masses, I feel good (oooohh, I feel some JB coming on again, yey!!!) about opening up, I'm already networking with heaps of faborific Sparkly Wibblers like me and that is tippety toptastic!
So although I'm so excited and yes, you guessed it I just can't hide it....those Pointer Sisters lose out to the utter genius of Funkmaster General James Brown as Soundtrack of the Day! Go on kid, he's tearing up the stage....check out the man's moves! I could watch this fella for ever. Just noticed that his look is given a massive feck off nod by Janelle Monae (who I also love) T-t-t-tip on the Tightrope...hell yeah baby.
There's too much talent out there Chumeroos. Parkinson's I can deal with, but I would be fit for nothing but a home for the bewildered if I couldn't see awesomeness like you see in the clips and hear the funk soul genius in the music I love. Mad love to people dealing with those hardships, but we all find a way to cope (hopefully) with the hand we are dealt in life. Making me think of my beloved Grandad now. RIP Jack Dalzell, 'The Gentleman of County Down.' With gentle grace and the utmost class you made a quiet noise that resonates with me still and out of respect for what became your path, you will never hear me complain. Right so......would love to bring you my girl Janelle, but can't get the vid clip I'm looking for. Will work on it Blogbods 'cos it's freakin' off the chain! Mwahs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment