Sunday 5 June 2011

Girl, Put Your Records On.... :-)

Aaaahhhh, Blogeroos......welcome and how do you do? Survived the night (with very sad, sore feet though) danced up a storm and had a wicked ass time. Hurrah! Thank God for music and dancing and all the extraordinarily amazing people I have in my life. I am one lucky Pipsqueak, I'll tell yer that Blogbods. However, I feel slightly bleurgh today because some of my darling friendypoos have accidentally missed the bus to Sparkleford, for a variety of different reasons.
One delicious little soul is finding that people will not let go of past dramas and have dredged up stuff that ought to have been left in the past. Why do people do that? I can never understand a person's compunction to cause hurt over past mistakes. My friendydoodle has paid and is still paying dearly for the path she now takes, but sometimes there is no other option, that is the way it has to be. Happiness doesn't come looking for ya...you've got to find it wherever you can and hold it tight. At some point you've got to let the bad stuff go, because negativity will grow and grow. You can never, ever Sparkle if you hold on to the things that make you angry or bitter. Sparkles need an open heart Possums, there will always be those people who just feckin push your buttons, rub you up the wrong way or are just downright mean or rude or spiteful. These types of people can only get a hold on you if you let them. The Sparkles are your armour (I hope my Funky Pumpkin is reading this!!!....with wine in hand and a bangin' tune on the stereo) let battle commence!!!! Hit 'em hard with a smile and two fingers aimed high in the air. No-one is perfect, after all.....
My other little Funkeroo feels trapped in a place where burnout is the name of the game. Being possibly one of the most motivated, high achieving, kick ass people I have ever come across, this megatastic, inspirational, crazy little workaholic bunny has found that the holy grail of 'work/life balance' is slipping away.....The more you give, the more some people take simply because if you're doing it, they don't have to give it headspace...box ticked..move on..not my problem. I've been there and so has The Chief and it sucks. You give your heart and soul, but somehow it is never enough. This particular Spangledangle is figuring it out, the dream is not being lived and so something has to give. I applaud her courage in standing up and saying: "I can't actually do this anymore."
You only get one shot at this thing they call happiness Peeps, gotta grab it any which way you can. True story.
Bit of an epic one tonight Bloggyschizzles, but if I get all this out of my head, I'll sleep like a baby and be fresher than the Fresh Prince in the am. Over to Corinne Bailey Rae...beautiful song baby and tells my girlies what they need to know.......x

No comments:

Post a Comment