Friday 17 June 2011

Feel My Love xxxx

Word up Blogsters! How are youse all doing? I'm grand as it happens, I am at peace with all things houselike, even though a mild shitstorm is brewing. Phonecalls and e-meithers have been coming out of our ears, yet The Chief and I continue in our Zen like state or, as I prefer to liken it to, 'Our Batfink State of Mind'....."Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel!" Go on Batfink lad, you've got the idea. Buying a house is yet another one of life's examples of no matter how hard you want something, if it's not meant to be it won't happen, but if it's meant for you...you'll get it.
I am so acutely aware of the fact that I am on this journey with truly the most faborific fun puff of them all. D'ya know what my little Noodle Doodles? I've been really struggling for the last twenty minutes or so to figure out where my thoughts are running today. So, then it hit me. I will tell you all about my man.........
So, hand on heart right? We shouldn't work...at all. Opposites attract do they?.....well hell yeah, we well and truly bought that T-shirt. Here are some examples: The funkiest of all my monkeys is tall, I am what I like to call compact. He has domestic prowess, I am still a work in progress. He has a razor sharp mind (fecking irritating beyond belief during any debate or discussion) mine is flaky and easily distracted by shiny, glittery things. He is quietly confident, I am a bit of a gobshite, I dance, he doesn't. I sing (voice of an...ahem...angel) all the fecking time, he doesn't. Him: daytime, tea, practical, frugal.....Moi: night owl, coffee, Lala Land, frivolous. Are you getting the picture?
This fella has been in my life for almost sixteen years and, although I wasn't remotely looking when I met him, I couldn't shake this guy. Like I say....you are where you're meant to be surrounded by people who you're supposed to be with. Life just works like that.
 So, cut to the timeline: move in together, yada, yada, yada, house, married, honeymoon, baby, emigrate, baby, all going swimmingly, rosylicious and fun then "BOOM, SHAKE SHAKE, SHAKE THE ROOM!" it all goes a bit on the tits up side when the Jelly Bus pulls up. The Chief's love, support, devotion never ever wavered, not once, not ever and I will always completely adore him for that. A simple holding of hands in the car on the way home from Diagnosis: Sparklies and a firm "We'll be alright, you know" along with that crinkly eyed smile that I love, gave me all the strength I needed at a time when I've never needed it more. You know Blogsters, you say those vows when you get married, but you're not really paying attention because all you really want to do is be married and get the feck on with it. Sometimes, I guess those vows come back to check that you're the real deal. He is...he so is.
People tend to focus on the person with the 'condition' in cases like obtaining Sparkledom. How am I feeling? How am I coping? Is everything ok with me? That's great, but don't forget, the spouse, partner, whatever's life has suddenly been chucked into a big, fat mulcheroo of utter wank and foetid ming too. As I've said before, this is gonna be one hell of a ride, but so long as I have The Chief, I know I'll be ok. He's a fixer, my guy and this is something that simply cannot be fixed. So, he researches, nags, notices stuff, asks questions, demands answers all on my behalf. We are different in so many ways, but we fit like pieces in a jigsaw. We have each other's back, although this is well and truly my gig, he is completely living it with me, and don't get me started on those delectable Bodlets.
Life as we knew it has changed, of course. However, so long as 'The Bolshy Mare' remains in her box, we'll live our lives, me and him, him and me. Sometimes I feel like I'm an extra burden to him since I'll never really share the financial responsibilities equally again, but shit happens and we'll figure it out. When the going gets tough.....the tough step up and I am a lucky fucker in all honesty. He loves me (but laments the loss of my bangin' fun puffs, even I miss them...they were special...rapid weight loss = bye bye Bouncylicious Bad Boys of Breasticle Town)
The Sparklies are making me want to live life at 100 miles an hour. I feel like I'm smacked off my tits on blue skittles half the time and so our differences seem starker but however we deal with something as big of a head fuck as the Sparklies.....we always come back to the simple fact of I love him and he loves me. How cool is that? xxxx
Main soundtrack: Adele OMG Blogbods....this track renders me to tears within the first three seconds. Says all I want to say to my Chief. Have thrown in a side order of India Arie cos I love her. Go on now....feck off, stop reading this shite and tell someone that you love them and be so very grateful that they're in your life. Mwahs xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hey honey, big heads up for you for recognising the picture is a lot bigger than just you. How lucky are you to have so much! There'll be times when you both in your own corner, feeling your own problems, wondering what the freak the other one is doing, there'll be times when your both tired at the same time. There'll be times when it'll be hard for one of you to understand where the other one is coming from, but always, always... you'll be there for each other. Don't you ever, ever think or say that you're a burden, a lot of work, whatever. That so insults the decisions he's made and the job he's trying to do and demeans all he's trying to achieve. He'll try and find answers when there are none, he'll try and cope when he has no idea what he's doing, he'll cry occassionally when he's on his own, but he'll always be there and always glad to be there. Power to you both... and this time give him a big hug from me...

    ReplyDelete