Tuesday 14 June 2011

Where's Your Head At?

Greetings Blogfriends! Are we having fun today? Hope so. As for me...hmmmmmmmmmm. It turns out that all of this talking, thinking and writing about my Sparklies is kinda taking it's toll. I am finding that some of my symptoms (so far shunted off to dwell in the dirty, grubby mosh pit of lard where they belong) have returned. Aaah, feck! That wasn't part of the plan at all. I'm conscious that new people are aware of what's going on with me and, just like before, I feel 'on show'. Back is the 'BIG FAT BASTARD NEON SIGN' around me bellowing 'DICKY ARM....ROLL UP, ROLL UP, WE'VE GOT LEG DRAGGING AND NERVOUS WOBBLES IN THE HOUSE!!!" It took a long while for me to shut that gobby fucker up and I really don't want to rouse it's arse again. Just goes to show you what a massive part stuff like mind over matter, positive thinking and of course, my personal favourite the ability to 'Fake it to Make it' plays in the whole living life like a 'normal' person thing. Yep having put the bolshy mare that is Ms Sparklies back in her jewel encrusted box on a very high shelf in a land far, far away.......she is after popping up into everyday life again. Uninvited, I might add...cheeky bugger!
So, there you go Blogeroos...this positivity Sparkles shit I spout isn't as easy as I make it look. I earn the right to be overwhelmingly perky because I've put the hours in to get there and, if it helps someone else along the way too, then for sure that's the cherry on top but ultimately I'm like this because I have to be...call it a survival instinct.
I completely and utterly, with my whole heart and soul believe that if your head is right (and by that I mean you are in a positive, open mindset, where negative people, thoughts and comments get canned at the door) there is no obstacle that cannot be tackled to the extent that it improves quality of life and affords a semblance of taking control over whatever is being an annoying little crap sack Sparkle stealer. Unfortunately, it does not rid the Earth of Man Utd fans.
So my little Party Funksters, where's my head at? The dozy arse has taken a wrong turn to Stress City, Population: far too feckin' many! I'm pretty sure the whole buying of a new house isn't exactly helping either. A beautifully wise and astute Irish woman I know said to  me today "You know Katherine, if it's meant for you it'll fall into your lap." She is, of course quite right. Why worry about the things you can't change, or control? Frustrating as it is, if it's out of your hands there's not a lot you can do. Instead, focus on ways in which you can improve aspects of your life within your control...like your mindset.
Bloody hell Pumpkins....I feel like I'm turning into some freaky self-help guru. If I begin extolling the virtues of joss sticks and kaftans you are allowed to tan my virtual arse!
It was a tough choice for Soundtrack tonight, folks. MJ was, of course, the natural choice (I love the song, so he's in anyway) but it's over to Basement Jaxx, they tell it like it is......xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hello again hon. I'm not meaning this as an insult, but sometimes there's nothing like a good spot of self pity wallowing. I indulge occasionaly and it does me a world of good. After a while it gets boring, ho hum, and you find you're missing out on too much other stuff. But if you hadn't done it, you wouldn't realise how cool things really can be. I've read your blog, but to be honest when I've seen you I've never noticed the "big fat bastard neon sign", or any arms or legs looking or acting like they shouldn't. Just see that cute bod, gorgeous hair and face and that amazing smile and wish I looked half as good as you. (No shit, I'm too old to lie!) Other than feeling pretty privileged that you allowed me to share your thoughts, and gobsmacked at how incredible you really are, your blog hasn't made me look at you any differently. Who you are is what matters, not what you have. But, if you like I can do a spot of wallowing with you, I can be pretty good at it if I try. Personally I think your sparkles are just away having a reshine, but they will be back, and really ..... you've used so much energy sparkling a rest will give you time to recharge. I'll be back to blog, catch you then....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the brightest Sparkles have dull days.

    If the support crew notice the sparkle deficits ...is it such a bad thing? The support crew are often experts at re-igniting the glow! And for the record...every supporter I've met gets a huge kick out of "being able to help".

    Kim

    Surely we're all allowed low days......and in having these we give someone else a chance to boost us up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am loving the idea of my own special Sparkly (obviously) Support Crew. Am imagining you all coming to the rescue in tiaras and high heels armed with gin and bangin' tunes ready to prescribe a Mega Dance off of epic proportions, with a side order of Singstar!Big love to ya Kimster! xx

    ReplyDelete